Blower Door ProcessThird-Party Code Verification
We make your building work for you.
Blower Door Test- Third Party Verification Process
- a pdf set of plans emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of blower door test
- Building permit number and code official name/ agency jurisdiction
- Successful blower door testing requires that all electrical and switch plates are in place, all finishes completed, and all appliances are in place.
- The only building ‘holes’ that can be covered are dedicated ventilation supply vents. A general contractor is responsible to cover these prior to a site visit, if desired.
The technician carries a 6-foot ladder. If access to areas above 9’-0” is required, the general contractor will be responsible to provide an access ladder.
- Close proximity and access to the building is needed for equipment transport.
- The test will not be completed if any safety issues are discovered at arrival on-site, including loose livestock or other threatening conditions.
- Rescheduling once on site will add $200 to the cost of the initial test.
Pricing: Pricing is based on square footage, including the basement (finished or unfinished) of 2500 SF or less and within 30 miles of the Roanoke area. We will contact you with adjusted pricing if needed. also, payment is due on the day of service.