Blower Door Test ProcessRequired for all new home certificates of occupancy. It’s the Law*
The definitive test to save money, enhance building durability and occupant well-being.
Blower Door Test
The optimal tool to discover and identify sources of air breach and weakness in a home. Required by law for all new homes, a blower door test can be the key to comfort, health, and savings.
- a pdf set of plans emailed to [email protected] in advance of blower door test
- Building permit number and code official name/ agency jurisdiction
- Successful blower door testing requires that all electrical and switch plates are in place, all finishes completed, and all appliances are in place.
- The only building ‘holes’ that can be covered are dedicated ventilation supply vents. A general contractor is responsible to cover these prior to a site visit, if desired.
The technician carries a 6-foot ladder. If access to areas above 9’-0” is required, the general contractor will be responsible to provide an access ladder.
- Close proximity and access to the building is needed for equipment transport.
- The test will not be completed if any safety issues are discovered at arrival on-site, including loose livestock or other threatening conditions.
- Rescheduling once on site will add $200 to the cost of the initial test.
Pricing: Pricing is $495 less than 2500 sf including conditioned basement and $595 up to 5000 sf. Inquire for larger homes and/or areas more than one hour outside of Roanoke, Virginia. We will contact you with adjusted pricing if needed. also, payment is due on the day of service.
*2018 Virginia Building Code
Schedule your Blower Door Test Today
Secure success in your commercial venture by with investment-grade capital planning and problem-solving.