Whether you’re looking to reduce your home utility bills or designing a commercial building, Better Building Works brings a depth of local experience and building science knowledge to residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
What we do to these buildings basically comes down to this – measure, fix, verify. So let’s break it down.
- Measure – We always begin with an initial consultation and building / design assessment with the client. We figure out what your goals and needs are, and then we perform a series of diagnostic tests to determine the problems and areas of opportunity.
- Fix – After we perform a thorough building audit, we customize a recommended set of services to offer the highest short and long-term value for your project. These energy efficiency and design solutions will help you achieve the goals you want out of your home or project.
- Verify – After we fix the building, we test and measure the results of this work to ensure you receive the most out of your investment. That means we come back in an perform diagnostic tests to verify that the solutions we provided are indeed working as they should. If something isn’t right, we’ll come back and make it right.
Our services include:
- Certification consulting and administration (LEED, EarthCraft Virginia, Energy Star, Energy Performance Scores, Green Advantage)
- Building performance assessments and recommendations, also known as “building audits,” including return on investment estimates
- Small-scale weatherization services
- Incentive profiling for local, state and federal rebates and tax credits
- Energy efficiency and sustainability optimization, feasibility and consulting services